C – Christ
A – Ambassador
R – Reaching out to
E – Everyone
The welfare unit is an arm of the church with responsibility to care for everyone and serve the poor and needy members within the church primarily, and others in the community it located; also, to be a blessing to everyone.
Vision of welfare unit (Care Unit)
The Vision of the welfare unit (Care Unit) of RCCG The Hub is a ministry of service and the fundamental principle upon which the unit is based is Love – Love of God and neighbour, service and moving closer to our people.
1 John 3:17(MSG)- “If you see some brother or sister in need and have the means to do something about it but turn a cold shoulder and do nothing, what happens to God’s love? It disappears. And you made it disappear”
1John 4: 11-12 (MSG)- “ If God loved us like this, we certainly ought to love each other. No one has seen God, ever. But if we love one another, God dwells deeply within us, and his love becomes complete in us-perfect love!
Based on this, the vision of the welfare (Care) unit is “To reach out to needy children and adults, male and female, irrespective of nationality or background, within and outside the church, to extend the love of God to them as much as we can”
Goals of the welfare Unit (Care Unit)
To assist members of the church in need of assistance to meet their basic needs.
To periodically support needy members of the community with basic necessities through established charities/shelters, within our means by distributing nonperishable food stuff, clothing, blankets, towels, toiletries, e.t.c
To demonstrate the love of God through active support and volunteering and supporting the community in times of natural disasters.
Core Values of the welfare Unit (Care Unit)
The Welfare unit has core values which every member should demonstrate. Every welfare Member should be:
SPIRITUAL: Since we understand that the physical is controlled by the spiritual, the welfare unit takes our spiritual lives especially prayers and studying of the word very seriously. John 6: 63 “It is the spirit that gives life, the flesh profits nothing”,
POLITE AND CHEERFUL: As we will be interacting with people from different backgrounds the Welfare Members will always maintain a polite and cheerful countenance with all.
EXCELLENT: Our Welfare Members are committed to efficiency and excellence, always looking for ways to improve-because our God is a God of Excellence.
PATIENT: Our Welfare Members are committed to exhibiting patience at all times having in mind that a lot of people come with different burdens. (Gal 5: 22-23) Fruit of the Spirit.
MODEST: It is important that members display an attitude of humility that seeks to please God rather than man or self. Members should be characterized by restraint and self-control and descent in dress, speech and actions. (1 Timothy 2: 8-10, 1 Peter3:1- 4, 1 Peter 5:5-6)
Expectation from Welfare Members
All members of the welfare unit are expected to maintain a high level of spirituality at all times to enable them effectively minister to those who love and café is being shared with (1 Peter 4:9-11) However, each member of the department is expected to:
- Spend quality time praying and studying the word of God Act 6:4 ‘’ But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word’’
- Be full of the Holy Ghost such that it shows in the level of excellence of your work-Daniel 6:3 Then this Daniel was preferred above the presidents and princes, because an excellent spirits was in him”
- Be committed to the life of service as demonstrated by Our Lord Jesus Christ. (Matthew 20:25-28, John 13: 4-10,Revelation 7:15)
All Welfare Members are expected to continually seek ways to improve themselves in the area of service of the Welfare Units.
While the church will provide opportunities for the members to improve themselves, each member is also encouraged to take it as a personal responsibility. Therefore each member is expected to
- Find out better ways of performing the duties of the welfare unit.
- Continue to seek faster and better ways of performing tasks for excellent service delivery.
- Attend seminars and programmes that assist in improving his/her skills and effectiveness in assigned areas.
Responsibility to RCCG The HUB
The welfare unit as a unit of The RCCG the Hub is expected to abide by the regulations of the Church. Accordingly, every member of the unit is expected to be:
- Subject to Authority: Heb 13:17 “ Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it will joy , and not a democracy as such every member is expected to obey instructions given by the pastorate and the Leader of the Welfare Unit.
- Involve in church Activities: Heb 10:25 “Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is”. As responsible workers in His vineyard, members are expected to come regularly and punctually for church services and meetings. These meetings include:
- Workers’ Meeting
- Sunday Services
- Sunday School Classes
- Midweek Services
- House Fellowships
- Special services/Meetings
- Regular and Punctual for al l meetings organized by Welfare Unit.
- Prayerfully Prepare for any activity he/she may be assigned to perform
- Available for any tasks assigned during the services meetings.
- Committed to providing excellent service for any assigned tasks with the Welfare Unit and church at large.
Welfare Unit Activities
The activities performed by members of the unit includes but not limited to;
- Identifying those in need within the congregation and discretely approaching them.
- Arrange for clothing and non-perishable food items drive to assist those in need within and outside the church.
- Identifying charitable organizations/ shelters that the church can partner with.
- Getting closer and familiarize with members in other to know their needs
- Have lay out plans on how to meet the needs of immediate environment within the church venue to know what to actually do in assisting and also drawing souls to Christ.
- Outreach Programs such as Health care Services, Medical Oriented Services and Stomach related programs and Shelter and Sports thus also bring more awareness for the Hub.
- Work with the Teens and children church on developing opportunities for them to volunteer and thereby learning more about the Love of God
- Visiting and Checking on our member not around on Sunday
As a member of the welfare unit, it is necessary to be committed monthly with our resources.
God Bless RCCG The Hub… God Bless us